07-09-2014, 12:40 AM
Jakensama Wrote:Jake, I don't hunt deer as much as I harvest them. I sit in a12ft tower and shoot the first one that comes by in range I know I am going to drop, farthest they have run is 35 yards.TinStar Wrote:Not legally.. I can remember my Dad telling me about killing deer with .22 but seeing as deer can run hundreds of yards (and sometimes miles) after being shot with a .270, why would you do something like that?
Yeah the animals rights idiots made it illegal because of 'ethics' in most places. But really, if you are trying to claim hunting is a sport then you should at least make it sporting (no big caliber weapons and no lame ass deer stands). A good marksman wouldn't have a deer run miles after being shot.
Then again deer are pests so I guess you can make the argument to use whatever kills as many of them as possible in the quickest and most efficient manner.
but Slamz is really correct on the function here. What is the disaster scenario? Zombies, pandemic, aliens, Russians, whatever.
But let me make something really clear. Unless you are a sniper with a specific target , you can't beat a .12ga shotgun as a utility weapon.
It just isn't possible because of the ammo possibilities of a .12ga. I can kill a moose or a quail with the same gun.
